Full-Time Drug and Alcohol Counselor
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Malibu Beach Recovery Center Philosophy
The Malibu Beach Recovery Center (MBRC) program for the treatment of comorbidity, addictive diseases and lifestyle disorders is a client-centered, holistic, and neuro-bio-psycho-social system of individualized treatment based upon the evolving field of neuroscience. The MBRC system utilizes a supplement called SynaptaGenX in combination with carefully selected yoga-type exercises and a low glycemic diet to create a solid foundation for long-term recovery. The neuro-biological approach restores and balances the chemistry of the brain, raises dopamine levels, and rejuvenates the body’s natural reward system. This allows clients to quickly and efficiently achieve the full benefit of daily psycho-educational, process and experiential groups, individual and family therapy, and 12-Step counseling and fellowship.
Career Opportunities at Malibu Beach Recovery Center
We are looking for professional, creative, enthusiastic, insight oriented and dedicated individuals who are interested in a position as a drug and alcohol/ chemical dependency overnight counselor at the Brentwood House Facility.
Job Title- Full Time (awake) Drug and Alcohol Overnight counselor
Location- Brentwood, CA
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain safety of the house by staying awake, focused, and observant to the needs of the client.
- Facilitate morning routine of client’s
- Demonstrate adherence to MBRC’s policies
- Complies with mandatory HIPPA and reporting laws and procedures
- Collaborate and communicate with the treatment team
- Build rapport with clients and foster a community of safety and support
- Skills in case management and crisis management
- Flexibility with scheduling and respect for colleagues
- Must hold emotional boundaries
Qualifications and Guidelines-
- CADAC Certified
- An understanding of the 12-Step Philosophy
- If in recovery, must have a minimum of 4 years of sobriety and work a strong and consistent program of recovery
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Create and update client clinical charts
- Must be able to work a 30-40 hour work week
- Must have completed education in chemical dependency related field (social work, CADAC, psychology).
Benefits: Salary plus health benefits and vacation days after 1 year